Budget and Salary Compensation Transparency Reporting
A district or intermediate district shall adopt an annual budget in a manner that complies with the uniform budgeting and accounting act, 1968 PA 2, MCL 141.421 to 141.440a. Within 15 days after a board adopts its annual operating budget for the following school fiscal year, or after a board adopts a subsequent revision to that budget, the district shall make all of the following available through a link on its website homepage, or may make the information available through a link on its intermediate district's website homepage, in a form and manner prescribed by the department:
- The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
- Using data that have already been collected and submitted to the department, a summary of district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following 2 visual displays:
- A chart of personnel expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
- (A) Salaries and wages.
- Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long-term care benefits.
- Retirement benefit costs.
- All other personnel costs.
- A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
- Support services.
- Business and administration.
- Operation and maintenance.
- Links to all of the following:
- The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit.
- Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district.
- The audit report of the audit conducted under subsection (4) for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
- The bids required under section 5 of the public employees health benefit act, 2007 PA 106, MCL 124.75.
- The district's written policy governing the procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- The district's written policy establishing specific categories of reimbursable expenses, as described in section 1254(2) of the revised school code, MCL 380.1254.
- Either the district's accounts payable check register for the most recent school fiscal year or a statement of the total amount of expenses incurred by board members or employees of the district that were reimbursed by the district for the most recent school fiscal year.
- The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.00.
Fiscal Year Board Approved Budgets
- 2020-2021 Approved Budget
- 2019-2020 Approved Budget
- 2018-2019 Approved Budget
- 2017-2018 Approved Budget
- 2016-2017 Approved Budget
- 2015-2016 Approved Budget
- 2014-2015 Approved Budget
Fiscal Year Amended Budgets
- 2019-2020 Amended Budget
- 2018-2019 Amended Budget
- 2017-2018 Amended Budget
- 2016-2017 Amended Budget
- 2015-2016 Amended Budget
- 2014-2015 Amended Budget
- 2018-2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2017-2018 Audited Financial Statements
- 2016-2017 Audited Financial Statements
- 2015-2016 Audited Financial Statements
Current Bargaining Agreements
Employer-Sponsored Health Care Plans
Medical Benefit Plan Bids
- We currently have no medical benefit plan bids.
Expense Reimbursement Policy
Accounts Payable Check Register
- 2019-2020 Accounts Payable Check Register
- 2018-2019 Accounts Payable Check Register
- 2017-2018 Accounts Payable Check Register
- 2016-2017 Accounts Payable Check Register
- 2015-2016 Accounts Payable Check Register
- 2014-2015 Accounts Payable Check Register
Employee Compensation Information
- 2019-2020 Employee Compensation Information
- 2018-2019 Employee Compensation Information
- 2017-2018 Employee Compensation Information
- 2016-2017 Employee Compensation Information
District Paid Association Fees
Escuela Avancemos paid MAPSA $1220 for association dues in 2018-2019.
District Paid Lobbying Costs
There were no district paid lobbying costs for 2019-2020.
Deficit Elimination Plan
Escuela Avancemos Academy did not incur a deficit.
District Credit Card Information
Academy does not issue credit cards.
District Paid Out-of-State Travel Information
The academy paid for out-of-state travel to the National Charter Schools Conference ($2,253.20) in Las Vegas NV, Success for All conference ($1,188.02) in New York City, NY, and a Eureka Math conference ($1,758.82) in Columbus, OH.