Welcome to Sanga Consulting, Inc the Education Service Provider for Escuela Avancemos Academy.
Applicants will be considered without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran’s status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Escuela Avancemos Academy team!
Why Join Escuela Avancemos Team?
Every student, every day. As an employee of Escuela Avancemos Academy, these are words that you and your teammates will live by. We meet our students where they are, but our belief about where they can and will go is boundless.
Our students are the best part of our job.
- We serve a diverse community in Southwest Detroit and take pride in the cultural heritage of our neighborhood students.
- We lead our work through strong relationships with our kids and focus on the whole child.
- We aim to achieve academic excellence for every student, and we also equip them with the soft skills they will need to succeed in a rapidly evolving world.
- We believe in inspiring our students - but more often than not, they inspire us.
We support you to meet the challenges of our work.
- Our staff is collaborative and lifts one another up. Teachers often reference their admiration for one another and feel proud to be working together.
- Our administrators are here to support you. We act with empathy toward our staff and pride ourselves on seeking out their feedback. When there is room for us to grow, we work hard to understand and respond as quickly as we can.
- Our parents are eager to engage. We host a variety of parent events and classes throughout the year and love to see our parents in high attendance.
We are committed to furthering your growth as an education professional.
- We provide two weeks of intensive professional development in the summer as well as biweekly PD built into the instructional day each year.
- We provide opportunities to attend local and out-of-state workshops and conferences to help our teaching staff stay at the top of their game.
- We provide individualized weekly coaching sessions so that you can further accelerate your own particular skills and strengths.
- We provide two-monthly early release Wednesdays for teachers to participate in collaboration workshops and planning to increase student academic growth.
If you join us at Escuela, you will be compensated competitively.
- You will have the opportunity to earn merit pay on top of our competitive base salary.
- You will have access to a comprehensive benefits package for the employee, spouse, and dependent children at subsidized rates.
- You will have two weeks of paid personal time off, school breaks including summer vacation.
Current Job Openings
Long-Term Substitute Teacher
How to apply?
We welcome all applicants to apply that are dedicated to improving the academic achievement of all students.
If you desire to be a part of the Escuela Avancemos Academy and its initiatives of achievement and excellence please click here to complete an employment application. All applicants are required to submit a resume and cover letter.
How can I check the status of my application?
It is our practice to acknowledge receipt of your application within 24-48 hours. All applicant credentials will be kept on file for one year.
What if I already completed fingerprint clearance for another district?
Electronic fingerprinting must be completed with CHRI, (Criminal History Record Information). This is a form used by a Noncriminal Justice Agency (NCJA) when the agency is requesting an applicant or individual to complete a state and federal fingerprint background check. It is the District's policy to have fingerprint clearance at the time of employment.
Interested in student teaching?
You will need to contact your university's placement office to request placement. The academy will only consider requests received directly from university placement offices.
Why I Choose to Work At Escuela Avancemos Academy Testimonies
In 2015 I chose to work at EA because it felt like home. People were kind to me. I was offered support, praise, and feedback in a non-judgmental way which was crucial for me as a first-year teacher. I attended PD that fit my needs and was encouraged to learn from my fellow educators. Every morning I choose to continue my work at EA because I am respected. Along with the list above, I am given flexibility and trust in my classroom. While given a research-based curriculum, I am still encouraged to make it my own and exercise my craft as an educator to provide a quality and equitable education to my incredible students. I have a coach who encourages me to grow and take risks. I have an administration and management team that hears my concerns when I am ready for a solution. Above all, I am given the opportunity to work with amazing families every day and inspire them to learn and grow with me.
C. Burcroff, 4th Grade Teacher
Elegí trabajar en la Escuela Avancemos Academy, porque aquí está mi gente, mis raíces, aquí la mayoría de los estudiantes son hispanos. Quiero que los estudiantes se sientan orgullosos de sus raíces, su idioma y su cultura. Quiero que los niños refuercen el español, que mantengan su idioma para que sean bilingües. Además, también quiero que los niños que no hablan español aprendan nuestro idioma y nuestra cultura. I chose to work at the Escuela Avancemos Academy, because here are my people, my roots, here most of the students are Hispanic. I want students to be proud of their roots, their language, and their culture. I want the children to reinforce their Spanish, to maintain their language so that they are bilingual. In addition, I also want children who do not speak Spanish to learn our language and our culture.
M. Leal, Spanish Teacher
I choose to work at Escuela Avancemos Academy because of my dynamic students and empowering families. So many times people think that we empower families but it is truly a two-way street. My students and their families empower me to provide the highest level of engaging education that I can.
T. Rhymes, 7th Grade Teacher